Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:
How do I create a new user account?
In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with USC Aviation Safety and Security. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
What courses do you currently offer?
Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?
To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Cart - click the Enroll Yourself button to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Options - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees), and enter additional information requested, if any (i.e. t-shirt size, etc.).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Enroll in Another Course button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Proceed to Checkout - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - edit your personal information if necessary then click the Payment Service button to continue on to our Payment Service to make your payment.
- Registration Confirmed - when you are finished with the payment process, the Transaction Completed page is displayed notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. If you wish to pay with a wire transfer, invoice, SF-182 form, or a Boeing LTP voucher, please contact:
What are your COVID-19 mitigation guidelines?
All students, faculty, staff, and guests must complete an online wellness assessment and visitor access form before the start of class. This form may be completed each day at trojancheck.usc.edu.
After completing this form, you will recieve a pass that you can keep on a mobile device or print. You will need this pass to enter a University facility, such as our offices, classrooms, and laboratories. Please visit the USC Viterbi Continuing and Executive Education COVID-19 Guidelines page for instructions on how to complete your Trojan Check each day.
All students, faculty, staff, and guests are required to wear a mask in the lobby of 6033 W. Century Blvd., as the building has an urgent healthcare center on the second floor.
Due to current Los Angeles County guidelines, masks are required in all University facilities, including the Aviation Safety and Security Program offices, classrooms, and laboratory. Please visit the USC COVID-19 Resource Center for more information.
May I claim a religious exemption for the COVID-19 vaccine?
Religious request forms need to be uploaded to USC Student Health using a USC NetID account. Please contact us if you do not have a USC NetID account. Your account for this online registration website is not a USC NetID account.
Per the policy, the University may take 14 days to review exemption applications. We recommend uploading request forms at least 21 days before your first day of class.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
Participants must inform the program’s administrative office of cancellation at least two weeks prior to the course start date. If cancellations are made by phone, a written statement must follow within ten working days of the call in order to receive the refund. Cancellations of confirmed registrations received less than two weeks prior to the start of the course are subject to 50% of the tuition fees. If a course is cancelled, enrollees will be notified no less than 10 days prior to the scheduled course opening. USC is not responsible for any airfare penalties incurred in the event of course cancellation. USC has the right to cancel courses and/or substitute instructors when necessary.
How do I cancel a registration?
You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
What do I do if I've lost my password?
You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours and grades earned